Job Title: 3rd-Line Technical Support Specialist: MS Dynamics –
Customer Engagement D365CE
Reports to: Support Manager
Responsible for: n/a
Usual office base: Nottingham, UK or Ballerup, DK
As a Microsoft Dynamics D365CE Technical Support Specialist and reporting to the Support Manager your key activities will be to provide third-line technical support to the internal team, partners and end-customers. You will be responsible for resolving highly complex technical issues, questions and requests for assistance related to Microsoft Dynamics D365CE, Formpipe Lasernet solutions and the associated solution architecture. As well as dealing with support tickets you will also be responsible for preparation of articles, solutions and knowledge sharing with colleagues and partners.
- Manage and resolve support issues, provide a solution to the client within the agreed time detailed in the Formpipe QMS or referenced within the Maintenance and Support terms.
- Conduct support investigations to attempt to recreate issues reported by customers and to determine what steps are required to resolve these through collaborative working with other members of the internal team and the customer point of contact(s).
- Document solutions to build up a knowledge base of these and escalate issues to Support Manager where necessary
- Work closely with the product development team to complete investigations related to potential product issues
- Communicate and share knowledge of solutions, recommendations and conclusions to relevant stakeholders
- To capture information and input provided by the development team and create all necessary articles, solutions, guides and best practice for future reference and use
- Ensuring all work is recorded to meet with internal quality systems and the regulatory requirements of our customers
- To work with the customer, Sales team, Product Managers, Project Managers and QA team to ensure the most cost effective and pragmatic solutions are put in place to meet customer requirement
- To communicate with all areas of the company and ensure that all activities undertaken are fully documented
You will work with Formpipe Lasernet solutions, Microsoft Dynamics CE, customer IT architecture and need to understand the ISV applications and enterprise solutions used by our customers as part of their business systems and processes. You will provide third-line technical support and assistance to Partners and end-customers, working as an integrated part of the Formpipe team. The role is office based and you will be supporting solutions that are deployed in all locations around the globe that Formpipe and its partners operate in. Formpipe provides business-critical solutions and services that need to be available 24/7 and 365-days per year. Some out of hours work may be necessary; this will be in discussion with your line manager.
Knowledge and Experience
- Computer Science Degree or equivalent
- Minimum 5-years previous experience within an IT Technical Support role
- Minimum 5-years previous experience at a developer/solution architecture level (X++) of working with Microsoft Dynamics D365CE (or legacy solutions) and ideally also SQL (can be in a Technical Support role)
- Deep technical knowledge and understanding of architecture and performance related to Dynamics D355CE implementations and in developing complex SSRS Reports
- Excellent Customer service skills through all channels (telephone, email, face to face)
- Comfortable and confident in customer service with internal customers, external customers and partners
- At least 1 current Microsoft Certification related to Dynamics CE
- Deep technical knowledge of the CRM system/modules
- Competent Debugger
- Knowledge of Azure deployment, architecture and performance optimisation
- Create and maintain VM environments for issue recreation and testing
- Experience of working collaboratively in order to meet tight deadlines
- Working closely with customers, and colleagues to resolve complex issues
- Experience of transferring knowledge and communicating complex technical information to the wider team
- Experience of documenting knowledge bases and training others using appropriate media
- Additional Microsoft Dynamics and SQL competency certifications
- ITIL Foundation Certification
- Freshdesk experience or similar
- Formal developer training: x++/C#
- Software testing / Automated software testing
- Previous experience of using, maintaining and contributing to knowledge bases
- Ability to communicate effectively at all levels, including at developer, functional consultant, IT infrastructure, end-user and process owner levels
- Ability to work in a professional and confident manner
- Excellent ICT skills
- Ability to plan and effectively prioritise own workload
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to work independently and to meet deadlines, as well as work as part of a team
- “Can do attitude” to get the job in hand completed.
- Structured and methodical approach to all areas of work
- Self-motivated, can work confidently without constant supervision
Formpipe has its head office in Stockholm and is listed on the OMX Stockholm stock exchange. We employ over 225 people and has offices in Sweden, Denmark, UK, US and Germany. As a Microsoft Gold Partner and member of Microsoft’s Technology Adoption Program (TAP), Formpipe solutions are sold and supported through a certified network of global partners.
Formpipe has three business areas: Swedish Public Sector, Danish Public Sector and Private Sector. Each business area caters for local requirements with development, support, delivery, account management and commercial management at service for customers. The Lasernet product team form part of the Private Sector business area. Lasernet has unrivalled integration with Microsoft Dynamics 365, NAV, SAP and Infor along with other ERP solutions and delivers business documents in almost any format imaginable.
We are a decentralised organisation in which our team members enjoy a large amount of autonomy. We believe this approach nurtures a culture with a personal touch and characterizes us a people-to-people company. Our core values are our internal as well as external contract. They guide us and drive us forward.