Cambridge / Nottingham / Hybrid
We are seeking a Technical Author to join our expanding Technical Publications team who are responsible for delivering documentation and content for our Products and Services on our Customer Portal.
We are looking for candidates that are passionate about technical writing for software. The ideal candidate would be an excellent communicator, turning technical content into user-facing documentation.
The candidate would have experience in working with a Development / Product team to produce content that is easily understood. The role will involve working with other SMEs with a wealth of knowledge on the products and customers, to gather technical details for the content and create new and innovative ideas for presenting the information.
This role is an opportunity for the right individual to gain more experience working within a technology-driven industry. Some technical knowledge is desirable, but training on soft skills and required software will be given.
This role involves hybrid working.
Duties and Responsibilities.
- Produce clear, concise, consistent, and easy-to-understand digital content that conforms to the company style.
- Liaise with internal teams to gather information so that you can produce documentation.
- Engage with stakeholders in the business to understand documentation requirements and identify information gaps in current documentation.
- Take customer feedback to improve documentation and the end-user experience.
- Proof-read and edit draft documentation created by others for grammar, spelling, punctuation, tone, and adherence to the company's style guide.
- Run a quality-assurance process for documentation that ensures that subject matter experts periodically (and in a timely fashion) review existing articles and guides for accuracy.
- Monitor and measure the effectiveness and impact of the documentation, using metrics such as page views, downloads, ratings, comments, and user satisfaction.
- Identify improvements to our team processes and authoring practices, and lead the implementation of changes.
Knowledge and Experience.
- At least 2 years' experience as a technical author or in a similar role, preferably in the software or technology industry.
- Degree in language or technical related discipline.
- Excellent comprehension skills.
- Excellent English verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office i.e. Word, Powerpoint, Excel.
- Experience of working with a Development or Product team operating according to the Agile framework.
- Experience of using professional authoring tools or CMSs.
- Some knowledge of technical subjects around software, computing, and IT (such as APIs, XML, databases, programming/scripting, Microsoft Azure, etc).
- Previous experience working as part of an international team.
- Knowledge of HTML / CSS.
- Experience of using task tracking software (such as Jira or DevOps).
- Able to take technical topics and present them in a simple, clear, and accessible way.
- Able to create suitable non-written content (such as diagrams, screen captures, and infographics) to accompany written documentation.
- Reacts to feedback in a positive way.
- An enthusiasm for learning and an aptitude for learning quickly.
- An innate curiosity about subjects and a willingness to ask colleagues any necessary questions.
- Able to communicate effectively at all levels, including at developer, functional consultant, IT infrastructure, end-user and process owner levels.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and presentation skills.
- Able to work within a team to achieve goals.
- Organised, able to plan and manage your own tasks, and able to handle multiple tasks simultaneously with changing priorities to meet deadlines.
- Structured and methodical approach to all areas of work.
- Works in a professional and confident manner.
- Able to work independently as well as work as part of a team.
- Self-motivated and with a “can-do attitude” that enables you to get the job in hand completed, confidently and independently.
What we do
With its headquarters in Stockholm, Sweden, Formpipe creates and develops the ultimate document composition, distribution and digital storage platform for the world's leading banks and businesses. The Lasernet Platform provides a complete end-to-end service delivering everything you need to produce and manage incoming and outgoing customer-facing documents and information. Delivered as a Software as a Service (SaaS) solution, it seamlessly integrates with major ERP and Banking services, ensuring minimal setup time and maximum speed and security.
What we believe
Here at Formpipe we know our people are our greatest asset. With over 300 team members across offices in Sweden, Denmark, the UK, and working remotely across the rest of the world, we have a truly global presence. Our ‘Purple’ values are at the heart of everything we do and we believe that they are what makes us different from other businesses. Working at Formpipe is something special, something unique, and once you’re onboard we think you’ll agree. We always support each other, we respect each other, and we smile and have fun. With shared values and goals, we grow as individuals, we grow as teams and we grow as a company.
What we offer
Our work from anywhere policy encourages individuals and teams to develop a healthier, more sustainable work / life balance, removing the need for constant and often lengthy commutes. For those that prefer, our offices provide fantastic social and collaborative spaces, where you can go to be around others and spark your creativity, in warm and welcoming environments, that include free tea, coffee, soft drinks, fruit, snacks and biscuits. On-site parking is available at our offices, but if you prefer a healthier, more climate friendly option, our cycle to work scheme will help to get you in on two wheels instead of four.
Additionally, the company offers a cash health plan, allowing you to offset the costs of a wide range of different treatments. There is also a company pension plan, with in app management and tracking, as well as a salary exchange to boost your contributions. Twenty five days holiday (plus bank holidays), ensure you have time to rest and recharge, whilst regular company social events encourage friendship and fun between a wide range of teams and people.
We look forward to meeting you soon
With a comprehensive onboarding program, a personal learning and development plan and regular business updates, our aim is to make your journey with us at Formpipe as valuable, fulfilling and enjoyable as possible.