Location: Cambridge - UK (preferably) / Home Worker
As a Java Developer reporting to the Product Manager your responsibility will be the creation and maintenance of product code for the Autoform DM products. A passion for code readability, agile methodologies and open feedback is essential.
Autoform DM is a web-based digital archiving application used by customers, such as banks, all over the world. We focus on security, lightweight and automated deployment, user experience and integration with other software platforms.
The role is targetted at a UK Based developer to join our close-knit team of 4 developers, 2 testers and technical author. The candidate will be in a position to visit the office regularly.
Many of our discussions around strategy and product direction take place in the open and we actively solicit and respect input. We encourage all members of the team to take part in both technical and process related discussions to ensure we improve ourselves, our software and our processes.
Duties and Responsibilities.
• Implementing new features and user stories to requirements
• Working across the full technology stack (see below) from frontend to backend
• Maintaining existing code to identify and fix bugs in co-ordination with testers
• Co-ordinating with the technical author and product manager to feed back functional implications
• Contributing to architecture discussions on software design
• Pro-active re-factoring to reduce complexity, increase performance and improve quality of the products
• Reviewing code from other developers as part of a pull request process
Knowledge and Experience.
• Minimum 1 year's previous experience working on a full-stack Java (or scala) based web app
• Ability to communicate clearly effectively both technical developer-focused topics as well as higher-level functional topics
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills for building relationships in the team
• Organised and able to handle large and complex workloads
• Experience of working collaboratively in order to meet tight deadlines
• Familiarity and understanding of agile methodologies and experience working
• A keenness to learn and discuss new technologies
The candidate would ideally be experienced with the majority of our software stack:
• Front end: JAX-RS (REST APIs) / React / JAX-WS (SOAP APIs) / Angular / Velocity
• Service layer: EJB3 / Spring / CDI
• Data layer: JPA / Hibernate / SQL Server / Oracle / H2
• Build / Testing: Maven / Yarn / NPM / Selenium
• Deployment: JBoss (Wildfly) / Docker / Azure
• Operating systems: Windows Server / Linux
• Process: Agile / Scrum / Azure DevOps
As well as experience in the following areas:
• UX principles
• Scalable architectures
• Automated integration testing
• Functional code styles with languages such as Scala
• Writing clear and concise technical documentation
• Continuous integration/deployment
Formpipe has its head office in Stockholm and is listed on the OMX Stockholm stock exchange. We employ over 260 people and have offices in Sweden, Denmark, UK, US and Germany. As a Microsoft Gold Partner and member of Microsoft’s Technology Adoption Program (TAP), Formpipe solutions are sold and supported through a certified network of global partners.
Formpipe has three business areas: Swedish Public Sector, Danish Public Sector and Private Sector. Each business area caters for local requirements with development, support, delivery, account management and commercial management at service for customers. This role is to join the Private Sector team, which is focussed on delivering software products and services through a global partner network. This includes Lasernet, which has unrivalled integration with Microsoft Dynamics 365, NAV, SAP and Infor along with other ERP solutions and delivers business documents in almost any format imaginable.
We are a decentralised organisation in which our team members enjoy a large amount of autonomy. We believe this approach nurtures a culture with a personal touch and characterizes us a people-to-people company. Our core values are our internal as well as external contract. They guide us and drive us forward.